Saturday, January 24, 2009

Silver Linings

I've been sick for the last three days. The four year old has been sick for the last two. Though he had it worst.

Sears will be here Tuesday for a repair appointment sometime 8 AM and 5 PM (HOW IS THAT AN APPOINTMENT?!). But, I'm going to have a working washer at the end of the day and the knowledge that I could have fixed it. And won't risk the wrath of my wife because the laundry is spreading out of the bedrooms and down the stairs.

I have to drive two hours with the whole family to a birthday party at Gymboree! tomorrow. But it will be cool to see Liz and Scott and maybe get some Wii time.

My boss is the oldest infant I have ever met. How many people complain that there is no reason to have someone checking up on them, then make things more difficult for everyone out of spite? At almost 70 (yes, seventy) years old he should know better. Thankfully there are many other sane people...OK maybe sane isn't right. We're all just screwed up in a way that allows us to work well together. But they, and some of the work we do, make it worthwhile.

And the big one. I haven't been able to work out much this week. But I feel guilty about it for the first time in weeks. The gauge is finally starting to tip to motivated.

And I hate being on drugs. I didn;t seek help with my anxiety for a long time, and now I don't know why. I guess I was afraid that they would change who I was, make me someone artificial. But now I see, that that decision may have just made me who I should have been all along.

And if nothing else, the drugs have really made me see that there usually is a silver lining. Even if you have to make it up yourself.

No comments: