Monday, March 3, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

Though at this point I don't think calm is part of the equation, storm seems about right.

My wife is scheduled for a C-Section on Wednesday for the birth of our second child. Being born at 37 weeks due to some minor complications. At this point calm is a very relative term. Calling my wife 3-4 times a day, in my opinion, is calm. Staying home at staring at her all day constantly asking, "Are you OK?", is, in her opinion, not calm.

Now this is our second child, which should make things less stressful. However, I don't have all the preparatory things that we did for the first child to occupy my mind and body and burn off some of this anxiety. So I have been working out as much as I can. Physically I'm drained, emotionally I'm running 90 miles an hour.

Hopefully things will calm down after Wednesday.

J

No comments: