Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tough Day

Started today by learning that my Grandmother had a stroke, probably more than one, and was in the hospital. Wonderful. So instead of the nice family weekend, having everyone down here, we are loading up the GC with my wife and I, the three year old and the two WEEK old kids, the dog and all the associated crap that goes along.

Road trip. Family style. I figure 5 hours for the normally two and a half hour drive. Lovely.

Now don't get me wrong. I love my Grandmother. And it was my idea to make this trip for the sole purpose of Great-Grandmother - Great-Granddaughter getting to meet. There may not be many chances left for this so off we go.

But the stress. Oh, my the stress. Am I a bad person because all the time I'm sitting there with my mother and grandmother, I'll be wondering if it's too selfish to see if I can go riding with my Dad?

So I did the only thing I could think of to relieve the stress. I went swimming at lunch until I was too lightheaded to stand up right. I looked like I was drunk walking to the locker room. The lifeguard seemed impressed. A whole 500 yards. Of course this was all after I had tracked my goggles down in the lost and found. Dumbass.

Been way too long since I got in the pool. Have to start working that again if I want to not make a fool of myself in a race or two this summer.

Oh, well. The weekend is here. Off we go on the merry-go-round.

No comments: