Friday, April 11, 2008

Decisions, decisions.

So I now have two rather nice road bikes in the basement. And I can only keep one. Borrow would be a better word I guess cause neither really beongs to me. They are both hand-me-downs from my faster than I am father (60 years old and he still just rides me off his wheel).

One I have had for a couple of years now. Very nice Aegis Aro Svelte. Good parts, cheap wheels. Great bike, great ride, but older and not as race oriented as the other.

The other I have ridden in NJ whenever we are up for the weekend and I manage to sneak out for a ride. Cannondale CAAD7, R3000. Newer than the Aegis with a better parts spec, but probablya few more definitely tougher miles.

I am keeping one. But I have instructions to E-Bay the other. And no input on which it should be. And I can't make up my mind.

Practicality vs. Sentimentality.

The Cannondale is the better bike. But the Aegis was here first. The Aegis representsmy first steps back into the bike culture. The Aegis is the first of now numerous gifts of support from my father. But the Cannondale is the better bike.

I've grown as a rider.

Should I cling to the beginning or ride into the future?

No comments: