Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sanity, sort of.

But sanity shall prevail this weekend. Well, as sanity in the form of a bike race. A time trial. In what is usually a 40 degree, rainy, windy day at the beach. Last year, I got through my race and just suffered waiting around for the old guys to go off. Have to dress better this year.

My Dad has done this race for the past several years, with me joining last year for the first time as a racer. It's pretty cool that my Dad and I can share the whole bike thing. He's very supportive, as any good father would be. And only kicks my ass by little, so I don't feel that bad about myself.

Racing the time trial at Sandy Hook this weekend. So hopefully this is the event that shall allow me to relax, bring back some perspective, at least for a little while.

Though I will miss the wife and kids. Kids with an "s", still not used to that. And this is the first time since we brought Kaitlin home that I'll be away overnight. It's tough to do, but has to be done. For the good and sanity of is all.

No comments: