Sunday, April 6, 2008

Exhausted

I'm literally sitting here on the couch with the computer on my lap wondering what to do with it. I have done a lot already this weekend and have a lot more on my plate. And I am just exhausted. My wife is upstairs trying to catch some sleep after a couple of rough nights with the newborn. The three-year old is on the couch after a good dose of Triaminic because he woke up sounding like an old man with emphysema. And Caitlin is resting in Grammy's arms on the loveseat. And Thank God for Grammy, because I just don't have the energy or the patience this morning to deal with the two kids by myself.

I raced this weekend, which is nice, but I went to visit my grandmother in the stroke rehab facility, which is difficult. And I did my best to try to help my Mom relax. But given all that's going on, it's difficult. She's doing her best to be there for my grandmother, who in addition to having a stroke, has had her dog die, is about to be moved permanently to a nursing home and have her house sold. And she doesn;t know about the last three. I think she still has it in her mind that she is going home soon to live out her life with Molly. When she finds out that is not going to happen, I don't know how much life she'll have left.

And I've had a lot heaped onto my plate lately. Along with all the stuff at work, which I'm trying to get done in the next three weeks to spend some time at home with Caitlin. I have all the stuff that my wife is going through and dealing with the two kids. Who I love, don't get me wrong, but they are draining. I have two bikes and a set of wheels that my Dad asked me to clean and sell, which I can't turn down since I'm keeping whichever doesn't sell first. And he's handing over an Ultegra SL group and Mavic wheels that I can use to build up the Hole Shot. I don't hesitate to help with things, I'm just running out of time in the day.

And all the while I'm trying to keep up my workout schedule to keep all the anxieties at bay.

But with all this time I'm spending here whining about everything, I don't know if I'm going to get to everything.

Yikes. Sometimes I really just need to put all this down in writing so that I can see how stupd it is. I shouldn't be whining, because all in all I have things pretty good.

No comments: