Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Wife

I don't think I've mentioned my wife yet. Along with putting up with all my anxiety, and to be honest whining, but she has embraced my love of all things bike. I couldn't ask for a more supportive women in my life. This evening, for example, she tangled with the 3-year old and the one month old, so that I could pack and bring the Tri Bike up to speed. All so I can then abandon her for the weekend to ride the Sandy Hook TT. I can't believe how lucky I am to have found someone like her. Though I don't understand why she puts up with someone like me.

If only my bike was being as supportive right now. All I had to do was do the final tune before the race and lay down some new handlebar tape. And then the cable housing on the front derailleur burst. Just freaking unraveled. I didn't even know that could happen. And somehow a bad cable lead to a bottom bracket rebuild. Nothing is ever easy. Especially the first race of the season. But while I'm not quite primed and ready I'm probably not as fat and slow as I feel, so here we go.

No comments: